A popular and widely distributed social media propaganda poster proclaims Denmark as the happiest nation on earth because of a host of mostly false assertions about life in Denmark. Read the entire series about that nonsensical yet highly effective propaganda here.
As yet another counterpoint to that silly poster, Danish households also have the world’s largest level of personal debt:
“Danish households owe their creditors 321 percent of disposable incomes, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. That’s the highest ratio in the world and a level that’s prompted warnings from both the OECD and the International Monetary Fund to rein in borrowing.”
- Part 1: Denmark is the world’s happiest nation because of the following reasons (Not true)
- Part 2: Denmark has a $20/hour minimum wage (No, it does not).
- Part 3: Denmark has a 33 hour work week (No, it does not)
- Part 4: Denmark has Free University ? Yes but read why – it’s not why you think
- Part 5: Denmark has Free Childcare? No, it does not – this claim is a lie
- Part 6: Denmark has Free Healthcare, sort of
- Part 7: We should all be like Denmark, remember?