The news media has an amazing ability to turn every bit of good news into a negative news story. Actual headlines seen after Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine announcement.
- “Pfizer shot faces distribution challenges”
- “Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine promising but many questions remain”
- “Pfizer vaccine results leave questions about safety, longevity”
- “Is Pfizer’s vaccine a ‘magic bullet?” Scientists warn masks, distancing may last well into 2021”
- “The Pfizer vaccines needs to be stored at minus 70 degrees Celsius. Is the Bay area prepared to do that?” (Hint – common dry ice, available at many grocery stores, has a temperature of -78.5 deg C. Hmmm)
- “Doctor on Pfizer vaccine: ‘Not sure this one is the game winner’”
- “Pfizer coronavirus vaccine shows remarkable promise, but experts advise public to ‘put this in perspective’”
Imagine the end of World War II and possible headlines:
- “Allies win war as Nazi’s fall, but questions remain as experts say it’s not over yet”
- “Nuclear bomb dropped on Nagasaki: Experts say ‘Not sure this one is the game winner'”
- “Allies storm Normandy beaches, enter France but questions remain about safety, longevity”
The only point to this negativity is to maintain a high degree of fear in the population. Fear sells eyeballs to advertisers.