But the “consensus” is a constantly moving target:
There is a new bill making its way through the California Legislature that could punish doctors for straying from “the contemporary scientific consensus” for COVID-19: California’s AB 2098 would discipline physicians for disseminating or promoting “misinformation” or “disinformation” as it relates to COVID-19.
- WHO said there is no evidence that Covid-19 spreads between humans.
- WHO said Covid-19 was not an airborne virus.
- CDC said masks do not work when used by the general public.
- CDC said you should use random bits of cloth to assemble a cloth facial covering.
- Eventually, it was decided cloth facial coverings do not work and you should use an N-95 respirator mask.
- WHO said children under 6 should not wear a mask; CDC says children age 2-5 should wear masks.
- Vaccines are 95% effective – until they were not.
- Lockdowns work! Except they didn’t.
- Just 15 days to flatten the curve – became – two years later – just 15 booster shots to flatten the curve!
What could possibly go wrong with having the California Medical Board censor speech?
This becomes Trust by Coercion – from a group (public health) that among many, has lost all credibility.
Science depends on skeptical inquiry to make advances – which includes physicians sometimes trying out new ideas with their patients. California would ban skepticism on medical topics. We would still be back at Covid-19 is not an airborne virus… if not for permitted skepticism.
Elsewhere: The US Department of Homeland Security has established a Disinformation Governance Board – DHS Standing Up Disinformation Governance Board Led by Information Warfare Expert – HS Today
Related: The new Director of the Disinformation Governance Board has, herself, a record of having spread disinformation. Click through to look at a few of her saved posts, shown here.