Twitter Blue Checks
A select elite get to identify their Twitter profile with a Blue Check Mark symbol.
To qualify, you must be one of the elite:
Your account must represent or otherwise be associated with a prominently recognized individual or brand, in line with the notability criteria described below. In addition to confirming the identity of the controller of the account, Twitter will Verify the following types of accounts based on the criteria described. In all categories, Twitter may independently confirm qualifying affiliation through business partnerships or direct outreach. For each category we may request the following type of information to confirm notability:
- News Coverage: Provide news articles that are about or reference yourself or your organization multiple times in the article. These articles must be from Verified news organizations and cannot be a blog or self-published content. Some categories may require you to submit articles that reference or link to your or your organization’s Twitter handle in addition to referring to you or your organization.
- Google Trends: Provide a link to a profile on Google Trends that depicts search history and is linked to the category in which you are applying
- Wikipedia: Provide a link to a stable Wikipedia article about you or your organization that meets the encyclopedia’s notability standards
- Other industry specific references: Depending on the category, we may ask for more industry specific references such as a link to an IMDB page for entertainment.
- Follower or Mention Count: If your account is detected to be in the top .05% follower or mention count for your geographic location, it may count towards notability evidence for certain categories.
Source: Twitter Verification requirements – how to get the blue check
If you are just a brain injured idiot like me, well, you’ll never qualify!
I had never investigated the Blue Check program until moments ago. It is used to further our neo-feudalism of elite versus the plebians, ensuring that we know our place.
The older I get, the more I learned that nothing changes. What goes around once will come around again.
Update December 12 2022:
One thought on “Twitter Blue Checks”
Comments are closed.