Rep.-elect George Santos of New York (R)
- He lied about going to college (he didn’t go to any college including his lies about attending Baruch College and NYU).
- He lied, claiming he had worked for Citigroup and Goldman Sachs.
- He lied about being Jewish and now says he merely meant “Jew-ish”.
- He said he is gay but the press later found he divorced his female wife in 2019. He claims he now lives with a male but the media has been unable to confirm that.
- He appears to have lied about his family history, claiming a Ukrainian background when genealogists are unable to find any such ancestry – his grandparents are from Brazil.
- He said his Mom died on 9/11/2001 as she was working in the South Tower. A little problem with that is she died again in 2016.
- He appears to have lied about his work history, appears to have lied about setting up a charity and more.
He admits he is a liar but defends it by saying he didn’t commit any crimes (Why should we believe that?)
Update: After adding additional lies to the list, above, has George Santos uttered a single accurate statement in his life?
I am hoping this whole thing turns out to have been a huge parody and satire demonstrating how absurdly looney the political process has become. I can hope, anyway.
People like George Santos are our elite ruling class – lying jerks. He openly defrauded the voters of New York. But he’s not the only one telling lies – remember Sen. Warren (fake native American), Donald Trump (I’d need a bigger blog), U.S. intelligence officials, the FBI, even Biden’s lies about the tragic death of his first wife, and so many more – or the lengthy list of figures that lied about their situations during Covid?
Rep. Santos thinks there is nothing wrong with lying – and most of the country is now so numb that no one sees a problem with this.
- How did no one in the media notice these lies before the election?
- How did no one in the Democratic Party opposition research group not notice the lies of this Republican candidate?
- Republican leadership allegedly knew his back story was not true, but they didn’t care?
- At this point in history, why do we trust anyone or anything?
In the bizarre world we live in today, lying about your resume is now – apparently – expected and considered the norm:
Therefore, for the record, just so you know, wink wink,
- I graduated from high school at age 12
- Earned a degree in computer science from the Unv of California at age 16
- Later completed MD and PhD degrees, worked for the CIA for 30 years, breaking into Russian computer networks, then worked for Microsoft for 37 years, retiring at age 29 with a billion dollars in stocks. Today I am a B-777 captain flying international routes all over the world.
- I am also Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, LDS.
- I am also CIS straight, gay, trans, and lesbian.
I might have missed a few things. There might be a little embellishment here. Hard to say.